Big Data Engineer (junior and medior) (ENG)
We are currently looking for a (junior and medior) Big Data Engineer who is able to communicate with both fellow engineers as technical representatives of the client. For this position, you will need a minimum of 1 year of big data engineering or software engineering experience. You have the capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools. You already have demonstrated the ability to take analytical solutions into cloud-based production environments, in cooperation with a cloud provider. Experience with object-oriented design, coding, and testing patterns, in big data engineering software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures, as well as using Big Data batches and streaming tools such as Spark, Hadoop and Kafka.
Profile of candidate
- Masters/Bachelor in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Typically expressed some data engineering drive and experience during study
- Programming skills in at least Python or R
- Some experience in a NoSql database like Cassandra, Hbase, MongoDB is a big plus
Big Data Engineer competencies
- Teamplayer: Collaborates with other members of formal and informal groups in the pursuit of common missions, vision, values, and mutual goals. Places team needs and priorities above personal needs
- Eagerness/Willing to learn: Pro-actively seeking knowledge and guidance. Open for feedback and coaching
- Problem Solving: Anticipates, identifies and defines problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions
Xomnia is the leading Dutch big data company that empowers organizations to create maximum value out of data. We excel in generating value from data by developing, integrating and maintaining your big data platforms and predictive solutions. Xomnia’s big data training programs enable and further develop the data-driven capabilities of your own employees. We deliver long term data science and big data engineering capacity through our traineeships. When in need of a temporary capacity boost, we share our experienced big data experts with you. In Xomnia you will find the full-service big data partner to realize your data-driven ambitions. Last but not least our company is located in the city center of Amsterdam. Every Friday afternoon we have drinks at our HQ. Oh, and we have a boat!
Interested to join us as a Big Data Engineer? Apply now.